Friday, November 22, 2013

1 year later...

Wow,

Can't believe I neglected my blog for an entire year!!!  My last post was right before I moved away from home and here I am going strong in Saskatoon.  I have to say the busyness of my life here is pure bliss.  I have no complaints...other than the freezing wind of the prairies, but still the outdoor skating, the hot chocolate and the cozy scarves manages to keep me positive:) 

I started university at the U of S this fall and I absolutely love it!  It has taught me a lot about myself, but I feel like it is exactly where I belong.  I'm hoping to apply for Education after another year, so for now that's the plan!

It's been a crazy year definitely, lots of ups and downs (mostly ups), but I feel like I've grown up in many ways, and though my mama might disagree, I believe it was what I needed.  I guess when I think about the fact that I'm only 19, it scares me to think I hold a whole lot of responsibilities that probably would be way better handled by someone older and wiser.  At the same time though, I feel like it's allowing me to prove myself. 

Anyways, it feels like since I moved away and grew up a little more, along with it maybe my imagination got a little lost...
It makes me so sad when I think about that, cause I still have a long story awaiting an ending and lots of words being left unsaid...I sometimes try and sit down, play some stimulating music and I manage to get a few words down, but I feel like I've lost my mojo.  The more I read however, the more I slowly become inspired, so I promise you that I am trying to find time to fit a few really good books into my schedule.  And someday, I really really hope, I will write that perfect last line to my novel and maybe I'll manage to write a short story that drives even just one person to tears, even if that person is just me.  I hope I never truly lose my imagination, or stop being able to daydream, or stop being able to fall asleep to the little movies playing in my head.  I hope that even as I grow up, my imagination will stay alive and youthful and vibrant and I hope it'll lead me to write compelling things...whatever that may be.

I am going to try my hardest to keep up on this blog, maybe it will stimulate me to write a little bit more:)

Sweet Dreams,

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment